This site runs on the Wyvern theme, a custom theme built by myself for all of my future Impossibly Creative projects. Below you’ll find the changelog. If I’ve updated Wyvern or this site, I’ll note it here. The headings will correspond to the release tags on GitHub.
- There are far too many updates to list here. We’ve really gone beyond a Beta at this point, largely because I got busy and never got around to finalizing a true 1.0 release.
- Much of the default functionality was pushed out to the Child Theme and the Site Functionality Plugin to keep the theme light.
- The three-pack of the base theme, child theme, and plugin is now the standard starter set for Impossibly Creative projects.
Most of what’s here are integrations with things like bbPress, attempts at a Jetpack CRM integration that I abandoned, and the beginnings of a WooCommerce integration. Hopefully I’ll have more to share by the end of the year, and can do a full release.
- Updated the About page to reflect my change in status within the WordPress Orlando organizing team.
I’ve added new features to Wyvern as part of the push out of Beta. I’m playing around with Customizer controls, with Header & Footer background styles set via the Customizer. You can also select from a list of Google Fonts for better typography options. To show this off, I’ve begun branding the site using the colors and fonts from my company‘s branding.
I’ve also slightly reorganized the structure of this page. It will be organized by release, with an H2 indicating a new release. The H2 will also be a direct link to the release files on GitHub. Smaller updates will be labeled with dates, which are now presented as H3s instead of H2s.
- Added the Popular Posts widget to the single post sidebar. The functionality has been there since launch, but I wanted the posts to have a few “likes” before adding it. The full widget code is on the Wyvern GitHub.
- Added a photo to the “Now In Beta!” post because it looked weird without one.
The initial beta test release. The current color contrast issues are intentional, to illustrate the importance of contrast as an accessibility issue.